Nov 9, 2007

#5 Sign a Relationship is in Trouble

from this blog...

#5 - You Hope That Marriage Will Change The Person. 

I say if often around here–marriage is a magnifier…if he/she is that way before marriage then they will REALLY be that way afterwards.

When you decide to get married you need to have an "as is" attitude–that meaning that you are willing to marry that person "as is," and if that person NEVER changes a thing that you will be committed to loving them for the rest of your life.

Too often couples go into a relationship thinking that, once married, things will change…and that is NOT the case.  I can honestly say that I spent a lot of time thinking about this before asking 'Cretia to marry me…I married an awesome woman, but I didn't change her into one–she was already awesome before EVER marrying me!


No comments: