Nov 10, 2007

#6 Sign a Relationship is in Trouble

from this blog...

#6 - You Find Yourself Trying To Bargain With God.

If you are currently in a relationship and, every time you pray and sincerely seek the Lord about it you just KNOW it isn't right–then–it isn't right.

I remember a relationship I was in once that I knew I shouldn't be in…but could not figure out why.  She was a great girl, loved Jesus and we enjoyed one another's company–but something just was not right.

Finally I began to bargain with God and say things like, "OK God, if I feel this way in two weeks then I will end it."  Two weeks later, same feeling…so I would say, "OK, what I meant to say was if I REALLY feel this way and a green monkey appears to me the next time I go to Wal Mart…"

Get the picture?

If God says it's wrong then He's not changing His mind.  He's never had to say "oops" or "My bad" in regards to anything.  The reason I held on to the relationship I knew I didn't need to be in was because of my personal struggle with insecurity.  I finally obeyed the Lord and made the painful decision to trust Him instead of the dating deal…and through that experience He led me to establish a solid friendship with and eventually marry the most awesome and incredible woman on the planet.

God is TOTALLY into relationships…marriage was HIS idea–AND–when dating and marriage are done in HIS ways…things just work.

That's all on the subject for now–any relationship questions you would like to see me try to tackle on this site?

No comments: